If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Child-friendly Schools and Peacebuilding Consultant.
Please see Terms of Reference
• Master’s degree in education (ideally with specialization on peace and conflict studies); or related studies in international relations, political science, sociology, anthropology, international law; Ph.D. / Ed.D. would be an asset.
• A minimum of 10 years of academic and research work experience in disciplines including International Education, Peace & Conflict, International development, Public Policy.
• Thorough familiarity with UNICEF child-friendly schools model (theory and practice)
• Relevant field experience in issues related to peacebuilding and/or education will be a strong asset
• Familiar with academic discourse at it relates to the linkage between peacebuilding, transformational learning, security and social services.
• Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking) and working proficiency in at least one second UN Language.
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please send a P11, CV, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Consultancy, Innovation in Education Project Coordinator” by 17 May 2013. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily rate will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.