If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultant, Translation of Child Protection Rapid Assessment Guide into Arabic or Spanish.
Please see Terms of Reference
Master’s degree or equivalent in relevant fields such as: Literature, social work, creative writing, arts, journalism, communications, etc.
• 5 years of demonstrable experience translating similar technical documents;
• Demonstrable experience in editing of documents;
• Experience with assessments, research and monitoring and evaluation systems is a plus;
• Good track-record of working under tight schedule;
• Experience with translating UN or NGO publications is an asset.
Coordination and Communication Skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Able to provide leadership and guidance when necessary;
• Proven ability and capacity to deliver translations to meet tight deadlines.
• Mastery of written Spanish / Arabic;
• Familiarity with the humanitarian context;
• Good understanding of the cluster approach to humanitarian response;
• Knowledge of Child protection-related technical guidelines and standards.
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please send a CV, cover letter and signed P11 form to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: “Consultant, Translation of CPRA Guide” by 25 April 2013. Please indicate your ability, availability and price per word or a lumpsum quote to undertake the terms of reference above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.