If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultant to copy edit the conference report (approximately 61 pages, in MS Word) according to UNICEF Style Book.
Please see Terms of Reference
• First degree in English Literature, Journalism or equivalent is required and minimum of 5 years professional experience checking publications and articles for grammar, punctuation, spelling and style;
• Demonstrable experience in editing, copy editing and/or proofreading .
• Excellent writing skills and grammar skills; familiarity with Oxford English Dictionary;
• Unyielding attention to detail; focus on syntax, content and logic and able to see right away any spelling errors, formatting errors and content errors;
• Computer skills in Microsoft Word are a must and the ability to proofread along with copy editing are a part of the skills required;
• Availability during the month of April/May 2013 is critical to the process.
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please send a CV, cover letter and signed P11 form to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: Consultant to edit/format executive document from Global Conference on Child Protection Systems” by 19 April 2013. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.