If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultant, Mapping, Assessment and Piloting of Technological Innovations.
Please see Terms of Reference
• At least 5 years of relevant professional experience;
• Masters degree preferred, but a Bachelors degree and relevant professional experience is acceptable.
• Experience in project development and budgeting;
• Understanding of open-source technology;
• Understanding of linkages between programme and policy creation;
• Demonstrated experience working with policy makers, and technologists to create successful results in any field;
• Clear, concise communication style.
Additional Experience and knowledge:
• Familiarity with concepts of contracting / bidding;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Experience with processing large amount of information and synthesizing it;
• Experience organizing workshops and conducting interviews;
• Basic design production;
• Experience in creating clear and visually appealing technical guidance;
• Ability to work independently and in a team and in a diverse work environment;
• Ability to work with a global team across diversities of geography, culture and language;
• Understanding of the UN System, an added advantage being also of UNICEF.
Fluency in English. Additional UN language a plus. Additional language a plus.
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please send a CV, cover letter and signed P11 form to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “CP MERG” by 25 April 2013. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily rate will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.