If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
As UNICEF improves and diversifies its learning systems and elearning production processes and tools, OLDS is looking for a talented professional to support various initiatives. With the guidance and support of the Learning and Technology officer, the intern will search and document best practices related to the use of video based learning and assist with the identification and implementation of various pilot projects.
Please see Terms of Reference
• University degree, preferably in audio-visual production, web-media or elearning content authoring.
• Passionate about online learning and web technology, with personal or professional experiences of media creation, tutorials creation.
• Fluency in English. Knowledge of one other UN working language an advantage (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish).
• Ability to conduct research and produce evidence based reports.
• Communication-Effectively presents thoughts and ideas including complex technical concepts, in a clear, concise and readily understood manger, both verbally and in writing. Listens to and acknowledges others’ perspectives and views.
• Experience of the production of videos using common devices (phones, DSLRs)
• Experience of the creation and use of video for learning (webinars, tutorials, recorded lectures, etc).
• Knowledge of audio / video editing.
• Experience with dubbing / close-captioning.
• Knowledge of Camtasia and/or Screenr preferred.
• Excellent knowledge of software such as but not limited to Microsoft Office applications, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
• Flexibility-Works effectively on multiple assignments simultaneously and adapts to changing demands and circumstances.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
How to Apply:
• Please send your resume and cover letter to Mr. Abel Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “UNICEF Internship Application - Video”.
• Submit a brief portfolio including 4-5 items showcasing your skills and your work (e.g. links to videos you produced, information about projects to which you contributed – with details of your contribution, documents or essays you wrote)
• Please also submit your application via the portal: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_internship.html
• The application deadline is April 8, 2013. Applicants considered for the position will be asked to participate in an interview.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.