If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
As UNICEF improves and diversifies its learning systems and eLearning production processes and tools, OLDS is looking for a talented professional to support various initiatives. With the guidance and support of the Learning and Technology officer, the intern will gain experience of project management, planning and administration of various learning programme. In this position, the intern will also have opportunities to propose or support creative and innovative solutions related to the LMS implementation, production of content or communication with UNICEF learners.
Please see Terms of Reference
• Degree in Online Education, Web Design / Web Technologies or equivalent.
• Passionate about online learning and web technology, with personal or professional experiences of media creation, course creation and/or facilitation, online learning or LMS implementation/management.
• Fluency in English. Knowledge of one other UN working language an advantage (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish).
• Technical – knowledge and experience of Moodle Learning Management System (LMS)
• Technical – knowledge of rapid elearning tools such as Camtasia and Articulate Storyline
• Technical - Very good analytical skills and ability to synthesize concepts and material into clear and concise thoughts.
• Technical - Some knowledge of web design / graphic design.
• Excellent knowledge of software such as but not limited to Microsoft Office applications, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
• Managing resources - Organizes and manages information to achieve defined goals and optimum results.
• Communication-Effectively presents thoughts and ideas including complex technical concepts, in a clear, concise and readily understood manger, both verbally and in writing. Listens to and acknowledges others’ perspectives and views.
• Flexibility-Works effectively on multiple assignments simultaneously and adapts to changing demands and circumstances.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
How to Apply:
• Please send your resume and cover letter to Mr. Abel Henry at email@example.com with the title “UNICEF Internship Application - Video”.
• Submit a brief portfolio including 4-5 items showcasing your skills and your work (e.g. links to videos you produced, information about projects to which you contributed – with details of your contribution, documents or essays you wrote,…)
• Please also submit your application via the portal: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_internship.html
• The application deadline is April 8, 2013. Applicants considered for the position will be asked to participate in an interview.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.