If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a senior level expert facilitator with understanding of UNICEF work processes and strategic thrusts at global and field level to apply his/her background knowledge and technical support to finalize the agenda and structure of the meeting (i.e. presentations/group work etc), and to moderate and guide the presentations, debates and discussions to an outcome that prioritizes key areas for joint Regional Offices (RO)/Headquarters (HQ) work, maps out complementary responsibilities and supports a RO/HQ team approach to advance on the Child Protection agenda (29 April – 2 May, inclusive). The expert will further provide inputs to the rapporteur and his/her back-ups for finalization of the meeting report and action points.
Please see Terms of Reference
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in the social sciences, international relations, development, law or a related field.
• Over 8 years’ professional experience in facilitation, training or a related field.
• Experience providing strategic advice and organising strategic review meetings and workshops with senior staff in international development/child protection.
• Previous work experience with UNICEF at headquarters and field level.
• Working understanding of UNICEF’s strategic thrusts in child protection.
• Practical understanding of UNICEF’s work in child protection on the ground across a range of programming contexts (development, transition and humanitarian).
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and preferably in another official UN language.
• Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and cultural sensitivity to interact with persons from a range of socio-cultural backgrounds.
• Proficient in MS office
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV and signed P11 form to email@example.com with subject line “CPRA Facilitator” by 10 April 2013. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily rate will not be considered.
A physician’s certificate of good health and proof of health insurance coverage must be provided by the selected candidate prior to commencement of work.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.