If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultant to Support C4D Global Capacity Building and Programme Related Initiatives.
Please see Terms of Reference
• Advanced university degree with a focus in the social/behavioural sciences/ communication studies and/or human resource development
• Background in programme and/or human resources related work and planning; administration/management; and/or training methodologies an asset
• At least 5 years of experience, including 3 years in the field of strategic communication. Developing country experience is an asset.
• Prior experience with and strong working knowledge of C4D
• Prefers a candidate with familiarity with institutional (UNICEF) structure, processes, reporting and mechanisms
• Experience in, or understanding of, strategic communication processes for behaviour development/ social mobilization /advocacy/ participatory communication/ development of creative materials/ research, training or facilitation of communication/ impact evaluation
• Advanced computer skills with proven ability to develop PowerPoint presentations for delivery on line via WebEx or other platform
• Basic web management skills, particularly in Lotus Notes and Red Dot systems
Applicants are requested to submit a P. 11 form or their Candidate Profile if registered in UNICEF’s eRecruitment system, CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Consultant, Support C4D Global Capacity Building and Programme Related Initiatives” by 29 March 2013. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.