If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a consultant to coordinate the production of and write the Child Protection Global Thematic narrative Report for 2012.
Please see Terms of Reference
• Advanced university degree in social sciences or other related field, preferably with some specialised training in development studies.
• At least 8 years of solid responsible professional work experience in a relevant field.
• Previous works experience with UNICEF an asset, in particular, producing Global Thematic Reports.
• Previous experience in copy-editing and fact-checking.
• High level proficiency in standard computer software, in particular, Microsoft word
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, of publication standard
• Persistence in follow up, tact and diplomacy to work with international personnel
A physician’s certificate of good health and proof of health insurance coverage must be provided by the selected candidate prior to commencement of work.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV, and signed P11 to email@example.com with subject line “Consultant, Production of the 2012 Child Protection Global Thematic Report” by 8 February 2013. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily rate will not be considered.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.