If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a specialist to lead knowledge management and M&E activities for the Education and Peace building programme at regional level, providing support to Country Offices.
Purpose:Please see Terms of Reference
Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, with a major concentration in statistics, monitoring and evaluation or project management.
5 years of relevant professional work experience at the national and international levels in programme management, monitoring and evaluation, baseline establishment, preferably in the context of peace building. Demonstrated experience in designing and operationalizing M&E plans is essential. Experience working with and developing materials for programmes that involve participative learning methods such as on-the-job training and mentoring are highly desirable. Experience in West- and Central Africa is desirable. Experience in UNICEF or other UN agency or large (I) NGO, would be an asset.
• Communicates effectively to varied audiences, including developing points and arguments from initial simplicity to final comprehensiveness, giving the overall work a logical progression of ideas.
• Creates and encourages a climate of team-working and collaboration in a multi-cultural environment.
• Consistently achieves high-level results, managing and delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
• Role-models appropriate behaviors, communicates and monitors measureable standards which the behavior of others must meet.
• Translates strategic direction into medium and long term plans and objectives and takes into account a wide range of issues across, and related to, the UNICEF as a whole.
• Analyzes and integrates diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data from a wide range of sources.
• Quickly builds rapport with individuals and groups, actively nurtures good relationships with people across all organizational levels and boundaries, and with government leaders and stakeholders.
• Identifies urgent and potentially risky decisions and acts on them promptly.
• Negotiates effectively by exploring a range of possibilities.
• Demonstrates detailed and comprehensive knowledge of M&E and Peace building area; maintains a comprehensive knowledge of related external issues and knows about research and upcoming developments.
• Demonstrates ability to work effectively with Government counterparts, work colleagues, UN agencies (I) NGOS and other partners under stressful situations.
• Shows willingness to travel and work under difficult conditions.
Fluency in French and English, written and spoken. Ability to write reports in clear and readable language.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to please submit a cover letter, CV, signed P11 form to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Education Specialist (Peace Building), P-3, Dakar Regional Office, Senegal” by 5 February 2013.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.