If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Knowledge Management, Networking and Coordination Specialist for the interagency CP MERG.
Please see Terms of Reference
• Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences or other related field
• Five to eight years of work experience in programme planning, management, monitoring and evaluation relevant to Child Protection or related fields, and in knowledge management
• Experience in at least two of the focus areas of Knowledge Management to be covered by this post, with experience in more than two a strong advantage
• Demonstrated experience in networking and coordination, preferably in or related to child protection monitoring and evaluation, and with links to academia and other relevant organisations and agencies
• Knowledge and experience managing complex multi-stakeholder partnerships
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in multi-cultural environment
• Fluency in English
• Working knowledge of the following computer applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Adobe Acrobat; and one or more web based meeting applications (e.g. Elluminate, WebEx, Blackboard) and database development
• Experience across a range of contexts, including development, transition and/or emergency contexts is an added advantage
• Fluency in another UN language (particularly Spanish and/or French) is an added advantage
• Knowledge of InDesign or other graphic design software; SharePoint
Proof of valid health insurance and a certificate of good health will be required of the selected candidate.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV, and signed P11 form to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “CP MERG” by 4 February 2013. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily rate will not be considered.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.