If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you. UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Human Resources Specialist/Emergency in its Dakar Regional Office , Senegal
Please see Terms of Reference
Advanced university degree in Political Science, International Relations, Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or Social Science.
Five years progressively responsible professional work experience in humanitarian situations in Human Resources planning. Specific experience in recruitment and development of a human resources roster an asset. Experience in humanitarian response in emergency situations.
· Technical – Minimum of three years experience in emergency programmes and HR system management and/or development assistance, with a focus on surge capacity staffing.
· Technical – Proven knowledge of roster set-up, expansion, management and implementation. Familiarity or knowledge of UN current HR systems.
· Technical – Intermediate knowledge of relevant computer systems and applications.
· Technical – Knowledge of adult learning, learning needs assessment, different learning methodologies (group learning, self-learning), good facilitation skills, and monitoring and evaluation of learning
· Managing resources – Organizes and manages information, people, and other resources to achieve defined goals and optimum results. Works effectively on multiple assignments simultaneously and adapts to changing demands and circumstances. Adaptable and ready to travel with little or short notice.
· Communication – Excellent spoken and written English and French. Good research skills.
· Resourcefulness – The position is suited for a "hands on", results orientated person, capable of formulating workable solutions to challenges using locally available resources and capacity.
· Networking – Building and leveraging a diverse network of contacts and strategic partnerships.
Fluency in English and French required.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are requested to please submit a cover letter, CV, sample of publication, signed P11 form and Candidate Self-Assessment form to firstname.lastname@example.org that with subject “Human Resource Specialist/Emergency – P3” by 18 January 2013.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization