If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks Regional Sampling Consultant to support the sampling design, calculation of weights and finalisation of the sampling related parts of the final report in CEECIS MICS countries.
Please see Terms of Reference
• Master’s Degree or equivalent in Demography, Statistics, Epidemiology or any other related technical field with special expertise in survey sampling.
• At least 8 years of experience in designing samples for household surveys (experience in countries without recent census information highly desirable);
• Must be familiar with the sampling methodology of MICS and/or Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS);
• Demonstrated training experience;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability and willingness to travel to all countries across CEECIS.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective relationships with national partners;
• Fluency in English; oral and written proficiency in Russian is highly desirable
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please submit a cover letter, CV, and signed P11 form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 January 2013 with the subject line ‘Regional sampling consultant’. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.