If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultant for Cholera WASH Specialist-Coordination and Programming, P-3, Freetown, Sierra Leone.
Please see Terms of Reference
• Advanced university degree or equivalent experience in Environmental Public Health, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology, or Sanitation Engineering, or other related field.
• Experience working with government agencies, local authorities, international organizations, NGOs and communities in the field of water, sanitation and participatory approaches in health and hygiene promotion, preferably with experience in the context of cholera epidemic preparedness and response; and on risk reduction
• Knowledge of public health and one or more other relevant areas (e.g.: behaviour change, health promotion, community development, education, etc.)
• A minimum of 5 years of experience with either the UN and/or International NGOs in the WASH domain
• Fluency in English (verbal and written). A good written and spoken skill in another UN language is an asset.
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please submit a cover letter, CV, and signed P11 form to firstname.lastname@example.org and a copy to email@example.com by 11 December 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.