If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultant for Children with Disabilities and Child Friendly (Inclusive) Education: REAP Programme Support.
Please see Terms of Reference
• Advanced degree in special education, inclusive education, and curricular planning
• 5 years of solid experience in the area of work
• In addition to a strong background on inclusive education, the Consultant should be familiar with other cross-cutting issues related to disability, gender, human rights, civil society partnerships and participation, and an understanding of education in emergencies.
• Expertise in global educational program design and management with an emphasis on research and evaluation
• Prior experience working directly with various countries on issues related to inclusive education (experience working with priority countries in multiple regions is an important asset)
• Familiarity with the rights-based approach and the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
• Familiarity with internet and communication technologies ICTs for knowledge management
• Understanding of UNICEF’s Education programme and priorities; country experience an asset
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please submit a cover letter, CV, and signed P11 form to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Children with Disabilities and Child Friendly (Inclusive) Education: REAP Programme Support Consultancy” by 27 November 2012. Please indicate your daily/monthly rate and availability to undertake the terms of reference above. Please note that the selected consultant will not receive additional funds to cover living expenses while in New York. Applications submitted without a daily rate will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.