If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks an Emergency Reports Specialist, P-3, Dakar Regional Office, Senegal.
Please see Terms of Reference
• Advanced university degree in a related field ( Journalism, Social Sciences)
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience with either the UN/UNICEF and/or NGO in Emergency contexts
• Fluency in French and English
• Knowledge of latest developments in development work, and general understanding of UNICEF programming, especially in emergencies.
• Specialized training on humanitarian assistance in emergency.
• Ability to organize and implement training, including development of curricula and methodologies.
• Knowledge of the social, political and economic environment of West and Central Africa would constitute a major asset.
• Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
• Good analytical writing skills.
• Experience in writing of donor reports and fundraising documents
• Knowledge of computer management and applications.
• Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment.
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please submit a cover letter, CV, and signed P11 form, quoting Emergency Reports Specialist P3 to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 November 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.