If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultant tostrengthen the CPWG child protection in emergencies capacity building efforts in line with the CPWG’s 2013-2015 work plan.
Please see Terms of Reference
· In-depth experience of training development and delivery, including on child protection, including in emergencies, as well as on humanitarian issues
· At least 8 years of progressively responsible, professional work experience on CP at the international level, including strong background on child protection in emergencies (conflict and/or disaster) and working in challenging contexts
· Experience working with governments and other key CP stakeholders/actors at national level
· Knowledge of the IASC humanitarian cluster approach
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent skills in written English language, interpersonal communication at a distance and collaborative project management
· The ability to conduct trainings in English and at least one other key UN language (French, Spanish, Arabic) an asset
· Flexibility and willingness to travel to countries in crisis situations to support capacity-building initiatives
· Computer skills, including MS Office and Lotus Notes applications
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please submit a cover letter, CV, and signed P11 form to email@example.com with subject line “CPWG Capacity-Building Focal Point” by 23 November 2012. Please indicate your ability, availability, and daily or monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily or monthly rate will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.