About UNICEF: Employment
Temporary Appointment: Knowledge Management Strategy Development
for UNICEF's Private Fundraising and Partnerships Division (PFP), Geneva, Switzerland
Purpose of Assignment:
Develop the knowledge management strategy for the UNICEF Private Fundraising and Partnerships Division (PFP). For more information, see the attached Terms of Reference.
Major tasks to be accomplished:
• Review the current knowledge generation and management practices within PFP and between the organization and its internal partners to identify good practices as well as bottlenecks, gaps and duplications.
• Carry out an audience analysis to determine what knowledge is required by staff at all levels and how information is currently used.
• Develop, discuss and revise a knowledge generation and management strategy for addressing the issues highlighted by the analysis of current practices, audiences and organizational culture. This includes recommendation of the most efficient and effective methods to generate, capture, store, facilitate access to, and transfer knowledge (including tacit knowledge) across the Division and with its key partners within the overall framework of the global UNICEF KM strategy. Rather than applying a ‘one-fits-all’ methodology, develop a menu of methods and tools.
• Recommend the underlying systems, procedures, policies, resources and accountabilities required for effective knowledge management in PFP.
Qualifications and competencies required:
• Advanced university degree in the information and knowledge management field, Information Science, or Library Science. A first level university degree with combination of relevant academic qualifications and experience in knowledge management may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
• Over seven years of experience in information and knowledge management including planning, design, preparation and delivery of knowledge management strategies.
• Demonstrated experience with strategic planning of organizational informational asset management systems.
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English, and (desirable) working knowledge of French and/or Spanish.
• Has highest-level communication skills and presents information with skill and confidence.
• Structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience and presents information in a well-structured and logical way.
• Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
• Quickly builds rapport with individuals and groups, maintains an effective network of individuals across organizational departments and relates well to people at all levels.
• Focuses on the needs and satisfaction of internal and external partners.
• Sets high standards for quality of work, works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way and consistently achieves project goals.
• Gains agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating.
• Works strategically to realize UNICEF’s goals and translates strategic direction into plans and objectives.
• Identifies and develops positive and compelling visions of the organization’s future potential.
How to Apply:
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, send a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae in English, AND a duly completed United Nations Personal History form, quoting in the subject line: ‘TA Knowledge Management Strategy” by 20 May 2011 to email@example.com.