“UNICEF Employment” is designed as a full recruitment, job finding and career management website for UNICEF. This privacy statement describes UNICEF’s policy concerning the gathering and use of information provided by users of UNICEF Employment.
Collection of Data
Users of UNICEF Employment are asked to provide basic information relevant to potential employment with UNICEF. This basic information includes your name, email and postal addresses, telephone numbers, education and work history, etc. As part of our services, you are required to complete an online “Personal Profile” through which we collect basic candidate profile information to be stored online with us. Personal information collected by UNICEF Employment will only be used for human resources and recruitment purposes. We will not share personal information with third parties without your permission.
As a matter of policy, we do not on this website collect any information about you without your knowledge.
Use of Data
By using UNICEF Employment, you agree that UNICEF may use the personal information you provide to:
• Confirm registration on the site;
• Contact you – either in response to a query or with correspondences, questionnaires, confirmations, and alerts pertaining to your personal profile and job applications;
• Manage and process your personal profile and job applications;
• Assign you to open vacancies;
• Help you quickly find information that is relevant to you based on your interests, and help us create site contents most relevant to you;
• Undertake statistical analysis.
Access and Release
At any time, you can add, modify, or delete your information by logging in to your profile with UNICEF Employment. You may release your profile so that recruiters will be able to view your profile and assign you to open vacancies or you may lock your profile if you do not wish to be considered for positions to which you have not applied. You can change this setting at any time.
Profile Deletion and Data Retention
External candidates may delete their registration and entered data at any time. Deleting your registration will erase your profile and you will no longer be considered for open vacancies to which you have applied. However, data you submitted as part of an application, as well as a record of your applications, will be retained in our system for up to two years after you delete your profile for audit purposes.
Your UNICEF Employment account containing your personal information is password protected.
Logging in to UNICEF Employment sets a cookie* on the Internet browser of the computer used to access the website. By setting this cookie, UNICEF Employment will remember your user name and password until you either a.) Log off or b.) Close all open browser windows on your computer.
While taking a number of measures to protect the privacy of users of its Employment forum and submitted data, UNICEF assumes no responsibility for the security of information provided on its websites.
Please remember that you play a valuable part in security as well. Your password to access your UNICEF Employment account, which you select at registration, should never be shared with anyone and should be changed frequently. In addition, every time after you have finished using our Site, you should log off and exit all open browsers completely so that no unauthorized persons can use our Site with your name and UNICEF Employment account information.
UNICEF shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your use of UNICEF Employment (including any liability arising from any interruptions, delays, errors or lost data that may occur). By using this site you agree to indemnify us against any liability or expenses arising from your misuse of this site.
Notification of changes
This service depends on the exchange of accurate and timely information, and we will therefore make every effort to keep the vacancy announcements and other information up to date. We depend on you doing the same with the information that you provide to us. We reserve the right to close your account with UNICEF Employment if it contains inaccurate or inappropriate information. We will also periodically remove old information from the system.
* Cookies: a Cookie is a small amount of data that is sent from the web server to your browser. It is normally used to assign a unique identification to your computer and securely store information such as user IDs, passwords, preferences, and online profiles. It is stored on the hard drive of your computer. You can choose not to have cookies delivered by UNICEF sites by changing your browser settings. Different web sites can send their own cookies to your computer. To protect your privacy, your browser only allows a web site to access the cookies it has already sent you, not the cookies sent by other sites.